Because of the importance of Israel and its people, and my personal love for The Land, I’m inviting you to join me through the key Old Testament book of Isaiah. Each day I’m posting some simple thoughts about this complex prophet.
Eight wonderful, somewhat separate, thoughts in this 13 verse chapter.
Each one is a powerful reminder to us of God’s greatness and glory!
1. All who are thirsty, come. (v1). See also Matt 5:4, John 4:14, John 7:37 and Rev 22:17.
2. Life-giving words: I’m making a lasting, covenant commitment with you: solid, enduring love. (v3)
3. Nations will run to you. You have what they want. (v5).
4. Seek after God while He is here to be found (v6).
5. Come back to our God who is lavish with forgiveness (v7).
6. The way God thinks and acts is way above the way we think and act (v8).
7. God’s words, even these words, will not come back empty. They will do the work God assigns (v11).
8. Go with joy! The mountains sing! The trees clap their hands. The giant sequoia trees are monuments to God, lasting and living evidence of God! (v12-13).
These are all things we can be joyful about! That’s who our great God is!
I’m so thankful for these life-giving words.
If you’re new to this journey through Isaiah, you can start here.
(c) 2020. Rich Ronald.